Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back in the saddle

Its 2:46 pm

    Wow,I go away for 10 days and all heck breaks loose...

Its a cloudy day here in SE Michigan. Which is a welcome sign here as summer has been very warm so far. We had our first real rain for the first time in months yesterday and we picked up about 2 inches. Not sure if this breaks up our drought but it sure can't hurt.
   Thank you all for stopping by and supporting my interview with the cool and classy Evon Cassier. I hope that some of you maybe even dropped by her site and ordered a handbag from her! I can't thank Evon enough for taking the time and answering my questions!

 

I'm so out of practice in writing a blog,I'm having a hard time getting going.....

So last week was Lori's vacation....since I had to work,we did a staycation. This included finally painting our deck,hosting Lori's team from her store for a great dinner and visiting the Ann Arbor art fair. I accidently took both sets of car keys to work one day so she was very unhappy she was on "lockdown" for a day.
We made a dash out to Taylor and on the way back home,we decided to stop at the deli in Garden City that  we had attempted to eat at before. It was closed because of a armed robbery at the jewelry store next door that was owned by the same family.
   When we got there again,it was closed again....this time for good. I dropped by the jewelry store and asked what happened. Said the business never really got off the ground so they had to close the doors.
  But the owner actually remembered us and thanked us for coming by and that he was sorry he was closed.
I asked about the crew who robbed them....the four men got anywhere from 3-4 years only being that they were young and this was their first offense! For armed robbery!
   That ended that and we headed home.

As far as Colorado goes......who cares? We as a nation sure do not...

  Its now 8:37 am on Wednesday,August 1st.

   This is one crusty,rusty entry. But I'm sort of not in a real hurry to post a new entry as the Evon Cassier interview is doing very well. I have to go back and tweek a couple of errors and give a photo credit to the gentleman who took the excellent pictures for her website.  Have no problem with doing that for such a great   interview.
 
  A case of the "good news/bad news".
      Bad news,a neighbor of ours lost his job a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't liked by his supervisor and the same supervisor managed to hang enough of a paper trail to get him the hook. He had worked at the job for 11 years.

   Bad news,the same company fired a woman who loved the company and had worked there for 17 years. Supposedly she had made a certain mistake "one too many times" and that was enough to let her go. Instead of demoting her,moving her to another department or giving her a refresher training class,they sat on their hands and let the woman mistake her way out of a job.

Good news...this company gives bonuses out twice a year. Its based on years worked,hours worked and sales. So far within the last six weeks,an assistant store manager was transferred,3 employees with between 3 to 14 years have quit and the two employees with 11 and 17 years have been fired. How is this good news? If you're the store manager...you have just seen YOUR share get a lot bigger!

Good news...my seasonal job became a regular one as I was hired in. I'm now have gone from unemployed to underemployed.

The bad news......guess which company I'm working at?????


  Our neighbor Marlene went on vacation this past week and we got to catsit for her. Her cat,Crash,is one of the coolest cats around. While Derek and Crash are about the same age,that is where the things in common end. Crash is a talker and a real "I love people in my house"type of cat. He always greets you with a ton of meows and likes to be petted.
   Derek is more aloof,he loves HIS people but is shy around strangers. We feel that is because we don't have much company all the time so he isn't used to folks. We have only seen him really love a guest once in the 12 years we have had him as our cat.
  Crash loves to still play and is very active when you play with him where as Derek isn't quite so playful other then playing "flop" and spiderfingers. He still will stalk me when I rattle the catnip can but he doesn't chase toys and chase me up the stairs anymore. Of course Crash is about half of Derek's size as well.
We had a great time cat sitting and hopefully will get to do it again very soon....

Gore Vidal passed away today...


That is all I have in the tank for today. Hopefully I'll bounce back Friday with a good entry,just feeling sort of blah-ish this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment