Saturday, May 11, 2013

Medical update-Saturday

Its 7:47 pm

    Just wanted to post a quick update.....

We are not going to get our last summer of fun...Lori is now housebound and we have entered hospice care.
She is resting comfortably now but had a bad afternoon of pain that had me calling for our hospice nurse who showed me how to dole out a dose of liquid morphine.
  The surgery that we had was a complete and utter failure,the g-tube in her stomach hasn't really stopped her vomiting and it only destroyed what quality life we had left. She now has uncontrollable bowel movements and I have to change her under garments about 6-8 times daily.
  The Monday where they gave her the fentanyl patch is the reason....her bowel movements were slow to start with,the Narco slowed them even more and when they gave her the patch...her bowels stopped working altogether and that is why we ended up in the E.R. last Saturday because she was literally throwing up her own poo.
  This was a major mistake and we are so very saddened by this turn of events...I feel totally crushed.


4 comments:

  1. Words cannot express my sadness for both of you - I am truly, deeply sorry - you're in our thoughts and prayers - thank you for having the strength to keep us all informed - I can't imagine how difficult this is. I don't know why bad things happen to good people. Some people are put in our lives for just a short time to bring us happiness and love and hope and teach us about all of those things and about ourselves - please send Lori our love!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for everything you have done for us,Amy. I don't think we'll make that Tigers games but Lori sure loves that cap you her!
      Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

      Delete
  2. Oh babies! I'm soooooo sorry for this. There's nothing I can say but know that I read your blog & hurt for you everyday. If you need some wacko nutcase to talk to sometime when nothing else will do, do please call me.

    kisses, hugs & love

    Marselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to call you....very soon in fact. Miss you and think of our times with great fondness

      Delete